In Mould Label (In Mould Label) is a new form of label packaging that is different from traditional label packaging. Its appearance has a very significant impact on label packaging. In fact, in-mold labels have been popular in some European and American countries for many years. After two or three years of lingering in the domestic market, in-mold labels have finally begun to be applied on a larger scale, attracting more and more industry insiders and end users attention.
In-mold label is to insert the printed label into the container during the blow molding or injection molding process, so that the label and the container are integrated. To illustrate the basic process of in-mold labeling during the blow molding process: stack the pre-printed in-mold labels (sub-front label and back label) in a single sheet and place them on the two labels of the in-mold labeling machine. Inside the box. With the opening of the bottle body mold, the front and back labels are sucked up by the robot. The label printing side is facing inward and the solid adhesive is facing out. It is placed in the mold on both sides. The vacuum hole on the mold will firmly attract the label In the mold. When the raw material of the plastic bottle is heated and sags like a tube, the mold with the label closes quickly, and air is blown into the tube to make it close to the mold wall. This is the blow molding process. At this time, the temperature in the entire mold is still relatively high, and the label solid adhesive that closely adheres to the prototype of the bottle body begins to melt and combine with the plastic bottle body. So when the mold is opened again, the plastic bottle is formed, and the label is integrated with the bottle.
1. Comparison with traditional labels There are three main forms of traditional label packaging: heat shrinkable label packaging and direct screen printing label packaging and adhesive label packaging (mainly self-adhesive label packaging) printing tools. The direct screen printing label packaging method is to print the patterns and text on the container packaging by screen printing. The overall effect is good, the patterns and text have a texture, but the quality of direct screen printing is not very ideal, and it is difficult to reflect Exquisite patterns and small text, and if there are more colors, direct screen printing is more expensive; heat shrinkable film (mainly PVC film) is used for label packaging, compared to self-adhesive labels and direct screen printing labels The cost is lower, but the heat shrinkable label is easy to break, the overall image is not very good, and it is not conducive to environmental protection; adhesive labels (mainly self-adhesive labels) can perfectly reflect the requirements of exquisite labels, but their cost is relatively hot Shrink film labels are more expensive. The appearance of in-mold labels has well coordinated the advantages and disadvantages of the above three traditional main label packaging methods to a certain extent. In-mold labels can not only achieve the printing quality of self-adhesive labels, but also have the overall effect of direct screen printing. .
(1) From the perspective of label cost, it is generally considered that if the label using direct screen printing exceeds 4 colors, the cost is the most expensive of the 3 traditional label packaging methods. Only from the perspective of the cost of label materials, in-mold labels of the same type of face material are compared with self-adhesive self-adhesive labels. In-mold label materials do not require a backing paper, so the cost of label materials has a certain space for printing tools. At the same time, if in-mold labels are used, it is no longer necessary to add labeling equipment or labeling workers like heat-shrinkable labels and adhesive labels (self-adhesive labels), which can save costs in this regard. However, due to the need for special die-cutting equipment during the printing process of in-mold labels and the complicated printing process, the printing and processing cost of in-mold labels may be higher than that of traditional labels.
(2) From an aesthetic point of view, first of all, the in-mold label is a new form of packaging. The use of in-mold labels is undoubtedly very novel, especially for daily chemical products that use labels as the main outer packaging; second, in-mold The tight binding of the label to the bottle body has the overall effect of direct screen printing, and can perfectly reflect the delicate patterns and small text like the self-adhesive label; again, the in-mold label is integrated with the bottle body, which is Self-adhesive labels and heat-shrinkable labels are less prone to breakage and fall-off, and can keep the labels intact and beautiful for a longer period of time.
(3) Anti-counterfeiting perspective Considering enhancing the anti-counterfeiting capability of products is a major starting point for many manufacturers to adopt in-mold labels. The use of in-mold labels greatly increases the difficulty of counterfeiting: In-mold label printing and processing are more difficult than traditional labels . In addition, the manufacturers that can provide in-mold labeling are not many printing tools.
(4) From the perspective of environmental protection, the common plastic container and YUPO in-mold label material have the same composition, and because the label is combined with the container, the recycling rate of the bottle body is higher and more convenient.
2. Some limitations of in-mold labeling If the container made by blow molding process needs to use in-mold labeling, the curvature of the container must be considered. If the curvature of the container is too large, such as a bump-shaped bottle, it is difficult to vent in the labeling process in the mold, then the in-mold label should not be used. And because the production cost of the blow molding machine used for in-mold labeling is higher than that of the traditional blow molding machine, users should use in-mold labels on a mature product with a considerable amount, and the curvature of the bottle body of the product must be small. Such products have good stability and a large number. If an in-mold label is used, a large amount of cost can be saved and other advantages of the in-mold label can be fully reflected. Application and market outlook The application range of in-mold labels is very wide, and can be applied to a variety of plastic containers, whether it is blow molding, injection molding or even stamping. In Europe and the United States, the proportion of in-mold labels used in the labels on the containers is between 12% and 15%, which is mainly used in daily chemical products, lubricating oil products, food, especially ice cream and other refrigerated foods. The industry's liquid washing products are more commonly used.
Domestic in-mold labeling is still in its infancy. Some well-known multinational companies have used in-mold labels on their foreign products for some time, but only a few domestic manufacturers of blow molding and injection molding have high-quality in-mold labeling equipment and processes. The internal labeling process is not very mature, so the in-mold label printing and processing market has been hovering in China for some time. Since the introduction of YUPO in-mold labels in China, Xinshan Company has been committed to cooperating with related printing manufacturers, blow-molding manufacturers and in-mold label blow-molding equipment suppliers. With the dramatic reduction in the production cost of blow molding machines and the improvement of printing processes by printing manufacturers, the in-mold labeling process has been greatly developed in the past year or two.
Pu Leather Photo Album,Leather Cover Photo Album,Pocket Card Collecting Album,Biodegradable Photo Album
DongGuan Sengtor Plastics Products Co., Ltd. , https://www.sentebio.com